Sunday 21 April 2013

Evaluation

Question 1

The song I chose to create a music video for is Landscape which is a demo song on the album "Ceremonials" by Florence and the Machine. I chose this song as I firstly really liked the song and had different ideas of what I could make a music video look like. I also felt like the artists voice wouldn't look too different from my cast member Rachel and she would suit the voice of the artist. Florence and the Machine is an English indie-pop hybrid genre.

After I did my synopsis of the lyrics of my choosen song I came up with ideas and ideas taken from other sources such as the internet into what the song was written about.


























Question 4
<Media Technologies by emily.mcdougall101 on GoAnimate

Animated Presentations - Powered by GoAnimate.


In the construction of my coursework, I firstly had to decide what camera/video recording device that I was going to use. I could either borrow one of the college's video recorders; one was a small, compact video recorder whi                                                                                                                                                                                                                          ch would have been easily portable to carry around and to the location with average quality. Or, a bigger style video recording which had much softer, professional lenses which also worked well in low light. However, although I had these choices I decided that I was going to use my own camera/video recorder from home, this meant I didn't have to bring the video recorder back into college and book one out for the weekend etc.But had all the access I needed to my own camera whenever I needed it which was the best option for me as I didn't film everything in one go, not to mention the quality of my camera was a high standard. With the camera, I also used a tri-pod which I've never used before, so it took quite a while to get used to it and figure out how to make it level, and make the angles look the best they possibly can. I found it quite difficult at times to get the tri-pod in the certain positions that I wanted it to be in, for example because I was filming in a park which was such similar to a wood type location, the different level flooring made it impossible to keep the tri-pod level and not at a slight angle, which also meant the areas I wanted to film wasn't possible. If I could not get the tri-pod in the position I wanted it in meant that I had to use my free hand to record which was incredibly difficult to move whilst keeping the camera straight and not wobbly, which resulted in doing lots and lots of the same shot, which was slightly time keeping.

Photoshop was the software I used to create my ancillary texts, CD digi-pack and also a magazine album advert. I had already used the software last year in my AS media course and personal uses not in college so I was already confident when using the product although I had to recap my memory and Google some techniques I had forgotting, such as re-scaling an image.

To edit all my filming together into a music video I used Adobe editing software which was on special editing computers at the college in the Media department. I had been on an editing suite briefly before when at college we had a block day and had to create something. Apart from that, I had no knowledge of how to use the editing suite but I found it quite self explanority to use, with help from my peers to get the basics. I found when cutting the clips down to the correct size I needed was tricky to get it down to the exact second however, I learnt that by zooming into the timeline you could easily do this much more accruate.

No comments:

Post a Comment